Ah, the glorious arrival of summer! It’s time to bring out your skirts and breezy dresses as you embrace the sun’s warm caress. But before you step out in the sun, make sure that your makeup is ready to beat the heat, too!
We all know how difficult it can be to keep our makeup intact when it’s hot outside. Smudged eyeliner, melting foundation, and sticky lipstick are just a few of the problems we face during warmer months.
So today, we’re sharing some essential tips on how to summer-proof your look with the best makeup for hot weather – because let’s face it, no one wants their sweat-streaked makeup ruining their summer glow up!
Introduction to Summer Makeup
Summertime is the perfect opportunity to experiment with new makeup looks. Whether you’re trying a brighter lipstick or a different eye shadow color, summer is the perfect time to have fun with your appearance.
However, not all makeup was created equal when it comes to hot weather. To help you summer-proof your look, we’ve put together a list of the best makeup for hot weather.
5 Pro Tips for The Best Makeup for Hot Weather: How To Get Your Makeup To Last Long
There’s nothing worse than having your makeup melt away in the summer heat. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our pro tips for making your makeup last all day long.
1. Start with a clean slate. Make sure your face is clean before applying your makeup. This will help your makeup go on smoothly and last longer.
2. Use a primer. Honestly, this might be most important to achieve the best makeup for hot weather. A good primer will help your makeup stay in place and prevent it from creasing or melting away.
3. Set your makeup with powder. A light dusting of powder will help keep your makeup in place, especially if you’re going to be sweating or in the water.
4. Choose long-wearing formulas. Look for foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, and lipstick that are specifically designed to last longer on the skin.
5. Touch up throughout the day. If you start to notice your makeup wearing off, don’t hesitate to touch up with a few swipes of mascara or a fresh coat of lip color.
Choosing the Best Makeup For Hot Weather
What is the best makeup for hot weather?
Summertime is the perfect time to experiment with a new makeup look. But with the hotter weather comes the inevitable melting of your carefully applied foundation and mascara. To help you keep your cool (and your makeup intact), we’ve rounded up the best sweat-proof makeup products that will help you survive the heat wave.
From long-wearing foundation to water-resistant mascara, these products will help you stay on point all summer long. So whether you’re headed to the beach or just running errands in the city, don’t let the heat get the best of your beauty routine.
When it comes to choosing the best makeup for summer, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, you want to make sure that your products have a high SPF. This will help protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
Second, you want to choose products that are water resistant. This will help keep your makeup from melting off in the heat.
Finally, you want to choose products that won’t clog your pores. This will help keep your skin looking and feeling its best all summer long.
The Best Foundation For Hot Weather
During summer, the last thing you want is a heavy foundation on your face which melts off as you sweat…
There are a few things to look for when choosing a foundation for hot weather:
Look for a long-wearing or waterproof formula. These will help keep your makeup in place, even if you start to sweat.
Choose a lighter-coverage foundation (or tinted moisturizer, or bb cream!). Heavy foundations can feel suffocating in the heat and are more likely to slip and slide around on your skin.
Go for a matte finish over a dewy one. Matte foundations won’t highlight any sweaty patches and will help control oil production throughout the day.
Opt for a powder foundation if you can. Powder formulas are less likely to melt and will absorb any excess oil that your skin produces.
Always make sure you wear sunscreen so you don’t get sun damage, or worse. Preferably before applying your foundation, but it’s always nice to have an extra spf kick in your foundation as well.
With all of that being said, here is a list of the best foundation for hot weather:
1. Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30: This CC cream is perfect for hot weather because it’s light-weight, oil-free, and has SPF 30 to protect your skin from the sun.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: This tinted moisturizer is another great option for hot weather because it’s light-weight and has SPF 20 to protect your skin from the sun. It also comes in a variety of shades so you can find one that matches your skin tone perfectly.
3. CC+ Nude Glow Lightweight Foundation + Glow Serum with SPF 40: This CC+ cream is mostly skin care based, and yet manages to give beautiful color correction and a fabulous glow. And all this without the feeling of a heavy foundation on your skin in the summer heat!
The Best Concealers For Hot Weather
When it comes to concealer, you want to go for something that will stay put in the heat and won’t melt away. A good rule of thumb is to opt for a concealer with a thicker consistency—that way, it won’t budge when things start to get sweaty.
If you’re looking for a concealer that will stay put in the humid weather, check out our top picks below.
1. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: This long-lasting, weightless concealer gives you natural-looking coverage with a dewy finish. It’s also buildable, so you can layer on as much or as little as you need.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer$ 32,00
2. Clinique’s Even Better All-Over Primer and Color Corrector: This concealer is a featherweight masterpiece. It neutralizes dark circles while lasting for 12 hours without need for touch-ups.
3. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Concealer: This creamy concealer provides medium to full coverage with a soft matte finish. It’s also waterproof and longwearing, making it perfect for hot summer days.
The Best Bronzer Products For Hot Weather
Bronzer can help give you a healthy, sun-kissed glow without having to spend time in the actual sun (which is not always the best idea). It can also be used to contour and shape your face, giving you a bit of extra definition even on those hot, sticky days.
When shopping for a bronzer, look for one that’s matte or has very little shimmer. You don’t want anything too glittery or sparkly as that will just end up looking sweaty and melted on your skin. A few good options to try are:
1. CHANEL Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream: This bronzer has a cream-gel texture and is extremely lightweight even though it looks very creamy. It will give you a natural-looking glow.
2. NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder: This classic powder bronzer is perfect for creating subtle contours and adding a touch of color to your face. It’s long-lasting and lightweight.
3. Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour: This sculpting stick is great for adding depth and definition to your face. It is long-wearing and blends easily. Perfect for in your beach bag!
The Best Blush Products For Hot Weather
A good quality blush is a must-have in any summer makeup bag. A pop of color on the cheeks can brighten up your whole complexion, and is a great way to add a bit of flair to a minimalist look.
For hot weather, look for blushes that are highly pigmented but easy to blend. Cream blushes are especially lovely in the summertime – they offer buildable coverage and can be applied with just your fingers for a quick and easy flush of color.
Below are some of our favorite blush products for hot weather:
1. NARS Afterglow Liquid Blush: These pink shades give skin a natural-looking hint of color. The cream liquid is buildable and blendable, making it perfect for on-the-go touchups.
- NARS Afterglow Liquid Blush$ 32,00
2. Clinique Cheek Pop Blush: This beautiful blush originally caught our attention because of it’s summery pattern. Then we saw the color range. This blush comes in 10 colors. It gives your cheeks an amazing, glowy look. You can go for natural or a more daring color. It’s long-wearing and buildable.
- Clinique Cheek Pop Blush$ 29,00
3. Lancôme Blush Subtil Oil-Free Powder Blush: This beautiful pink shade is great for tanned skin and won’t look too harsh. The powder formula is oil-free and has a silky texture that’s easy to apply and blend.
The Best Setting Spray and Setting Powder For Hot Weather
When the temperatures start to rise, you need to switch up your beauty routine to make sure your makeup doesn’t melt away. One of the most important products to have in your arsenal is a good setting spray. This will help to keep your makeup in place, even when you’re sweating.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a setting spray for hot weather.
First, you want one that is oil-free and lightweight. Otherwise, it will just end up making your face feel greasy.
Second, look for a setting spray that contains ingredients like glycerin or aloe vera. These will help to keep your skin hydrated and prevent your makeup from sliding off.
Be sure to test out the setting spray before using it on a hot day. You don’t want it to end up making your makeup look cakey or streaky. Once you find one that works for you, make sure to keep it in your bag for those days when you need your makeup to last all day long.
There is a great setting spray and a great setting powder for summer:
1. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray: This setting spray offers up to 16 hours of wear and keeps your makeup in place even through the sweatiest days.
2. Supergoop! (Re)setting 100% Mineral Powder Sunscreen SPF 35 PA+++: This mineral powder sets your makeup, smooths your skin’s appearance, and gives your face an extra SPF boost Great to use throughout the day to make sure you keep your precious face protected from the sun.
The Best Mascaras For Hot Weather
When it comes to choosing the best mascaras for hot weather, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
For one, you want to make sure that your mascara is waterproof so that it won’t run or smudge in the heat.
Additionally, lengthening mascaras are a great option for summer as they help give the illusion of longer, fuller lashes without weighing them down.
And lastly, don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors – try a bright blue or green mascara for a fun pop of color!
We recommend these mascaras:
1. Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara: This mascara promises intense volume and length. It’s waterpoof, smudge proof, and long lasting. Perfect for summer!
2. Lancôme Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara: Whether you prefer volume or length, this mascara will offer it all without sacrificing either quality of performance due to its waterproof formula.
The Best Lipsticks For Hot Weather
We did not forget lipstick in our list of the best makeup for hot weather! Lipsticks are one of the best ways to add a pop of color to your makeup look, but they can also be weirdly difficult to keep in place during hot weather.
You want to choose a lipstick that won’t melt in the heat. This means avoiding lipsticks with a lot of wax or oil in them.
Besides that, you want to choose a color that won’t fade in the sun. This means avoiding light colors like white or nude.
Finally, you want to choose a formula that won’t dry out your lips. This means avoiding matte lipsticks and opting for lipsticks with moisturizing ingredients like jojoba oil or shea butter.
If you’re looking for a lipstick that will withstand the heat, we’ve got you covered. These are our top picks for lipsticks in our best makeup for hot weather list that won’t melt away in the summer heat.
1. FENTY Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color: This long lasting lip color won’t just stay on all day long, but it also feels extremely lightweight. Like wearing nothing!
2. CHANEL LE ROUGE DUO ULTRA TENUE Ultrawear Liquid Lip Colour: Another great option for a long lasting lipstick is this soft lip color from Chanel. Use the lip color to give a beautiful color to your lips. Leave it to dry for a little while, then apply the glossy top coat throughout the day whenever you want an extra bit of hydration.
Conclusion: The Best Makeup for Hot Weather
We hope you found insights in the best makeup for hot weather. After all, the summer season does not mean that you have to compromise on style. With the right products and makeup techniques, you can easily maintain your desired look even in hot weather.
So don’t let the heat stop you from wearing a fabulous look this summer!