Help, should I go blonde?!
Have you been considering taking the plunge and lightening your hair to a bright, sunny blonde? As exciting and glamorous as that thought may seem, there are a few important things to consider before making such a big change. Read this article to find out the pros and cons of going blonde, plus take our fun quiz at the end to help you decide if it’s right for you!
What is hair bleaching?
When it comes to hair, bleaching is a process that lightens the natural color of your strands. This can be done either by using a chemical agent or by spending time in the sun. Bleaching is often used as a pre-lightening step prior to coloring the hair, as it allows for more even results. It can also be used to achieve a desired hair color on its own.
There are several factors to consider before bleaching your hair, such as the natural color and thickness of your strands, as well as any preexisting damage. Bleaching can be a harsh process, and if not done correctly, can lead to breakage and weakened hair.
If you’re considering bleaching your hair, take a look at our Ultimate Guide For Healthy Bleached Hair.
If you’re considering making the jump to blonde hair, there are a few things you should know first. For starters, blonde hair requires a lot of maintenance. You’ll need to use special shampoo and conditioner, and you may even need to get your hair trimmed more often than normal. Plus, if you want to maintain that perfect shade of blonde, you’ll need to avoid washing your hair too often and using heat styling tools.
But while all that may sound like a lot of work, it’s worth it for many women. Blonde hair can be incredibly beautiful and flattering, and it can make you stand out in a crowd. Plus, it can be low-maintenance if you choose the right shade. So if you’re thinking about going blonde, read on for some pros and cons, plus a quiz to help you decide if it’s the right move for you.
Pros and Cons of going Blonde
If you’re thinking ‘should I go blonde?’, you may be wondering if it’s worth it. After all, bleach can be damaging to your hair. But is it really that bad for you? And what are the benefits of being a blonde?
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of going blonde, plus a quiz to help you decide if bleaching your hair is right for you.
The Pros of going Blonde
- Blondes have more fun! Just ask any blonde-haired person – they’ll tell you that being blonde is a blast. From Marilyn Monroe to Madonna, blondes are synonymous with sex appeal and fun. If you want to add some excitement to your life, going blonde may be the way to do it.
- Blondes get noticed. Let’s face it – people tend to notice blondes more than they notice people with other hair colors. If you want to make an impression, going blonde will help you do that.
- blondes can pull off almost any style. Whether you want to rock a sleek bob or wear your hair wild and curly, being a blonde gives you the freedom to experiment with different styles. Plus, there’s no need to worry about your roots showing – blondes can get away with longer gaps between hair appointments than people with other hair colors.
- Going blonde can make you look younger. If you’re starting to feel like your age is showing, highlights may be the answer. By going blonde, you can instantly look years younger.
The Cons of going Blonde
- It’s expensive. Bleaching your hair will require regular salon visits (and the associated costs) to keep it looking its best. It may also need more frequent trims to keep split ends at bay.
- It’s damaging to your hair. Bleach strips away the natural oils and proteins in your hair, leaving it dry and prone to breakage and split ends. If you already have damaged hair, going blonde may make it worse.
- Going blonde can be a hassle. You’ll need to invest in special shampoos and conditioners designed for color-treated hair, and find time in your busy schedule for regular salon appointments. Plus, if you’re bleaching dark hair, you may experience several “in-between” shades before reaching the perfect blonde hue – so be prepared for a few awkward weeks!
Quiz: Should I Go Blonde?
Considering Going Blonde? Take This Quiz First!
We’ve all been there. Sitting in the salon chair, looking at our overgrown, out-of-control dark hair in the mirror and thinking, “Maybe it’s time for a change.” But then we hesitate. Is it worth the upkeep? Will it look good on me? Is blond really more fun?
Before you make the big decision to go blonde, take this quiz to help you weigh the pros and cons. After all, changing your hair color is a big commitment!
Alternatives to Bleaching
Not sure if bleaching is the right hair coloring choice for you? There are plenty of alternative hair coloring options that can give you the blonde look you desire! Highlights and lowlights are a great way to add dimension to your hair without fully committing to a blonde shade. If you’re looking for a more natural-looking blonde, consider using a hair gloss or toner. these products can help you achieve your desired shade while also nourishing your strands. And if you’re really set on bleaching your hair, be sure to use a bleach bath instead of straight bleach to minimize damage.
Conclusion: Should I Go Blonde?
Deciding whether to go blonde can be a difficult decision, as there are many factors that need to be taken into account. We have looked at the pros and cons of going blonde, plus included a quiz to help you decide if this is the right hair color for you. Remember – it’s important to take your time when making this decision and consider all of your options before taking the plunge!